Sunday, May 15, 2011

Throughout this semester...

Over this past semester we have sat within the confines of 209 and listened to many philosophers theories of how to define art. I have sat in on most of this discussions and I have yet to see a theorist who has been able to concretely define art in its entirety. As I sat down and read through th different attempts at defining art, I realized that even when placed together these theories could not adequately define art. After researching the theories that I thought had the most potential I came up with the realization that art truly can never and will never be defined, due to the fact that it is the individual who decides what art truly is and what art is not. There can never be a universal set of conditions of what art is nor will there ever be an exact definition, it is much to open for interpretation. Therefore as you will read in my next blog entry, I resist to define art.

No comments:

Post a Comment